Friday, February 1, 2008

First Full Day In Paradise


This is the vacation of relaxation.
After sleeping for a luxurious 9 hours last night(!), I awoke to an incredible ocean view, made coffee, then watched spouting and breaching whales from the lanai... perfect beginning of the day!


After breakfast we drove down to Anini Beach (where Sylvester Stallone used to own a house) and spent the rest of the morning basking in the sun, walking on the beach, and searching for shells. Later, we stopped at an incredible little burrito/souvenier/surf shop, ate lunch and headed to another beach (next to a house that Billie Jean King used to own... tennis court and all) that was beautiful but very windy. We tried to ignore the wind, but we eventually packed up our stuff and came back to the condo.


This afternoon I had my first private yoga lesson from Susan. She was very patient and helpful. On the plane trip over here last Saturday she busied herself and created an entire week's worth of yoga lessons for me.
First yoga lesson: Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

While Susan attended her yoga class in Haneli, Dan and I enjoyed early evening cocktails on the lanai, and watch more whales.

This evening we had a wonderful mixed grill dinner with Moon Fish, steak, and chicken with salad. Dan and Susan like to cook well.

We have a busy yet relaxing day planned for tomorrow, but I'm not sure of the details. What I know so far is that there will be macadamia nut pie, more yoga, and a luau... beyond that I'm not sure what we'll be up to (of course coffee and whale watching, too!)

For now I'm off to bed....
Aloha,
Gail

1 comment:

Erica said...

It looks beautiful! Enjoy your yoga - I expect a demonstration of the Female Dog when you get back.